It is our pleasure to announce the beginning of early access for FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood!
Those who have registered pre-order codes may now begin playing Stormblood content. Get ready to discover what lies beyond the realm of Eorzea!
*Characters that have met the requirements to enter Stormblood areas can enjoy FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood right away. Characters that have not met these requirements can continue to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn and FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward content as normal.
*We suspect certain Stormblood areas will become congested, and to moderate traffic, characters that have been idle for more than thirty minutes will automatically be booted from the game. We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause and thank you for your kind understanding.
Click here for details on how to participate in early access.
Patch 3.57 will bring several additions and refinements to Eorzea, including adjustments to the anima weapon story quests, Alexander Savage, and more.
FINAL FANTASY XIV Patch 3.57
The difficulty of obtaining items required to complete the anima weapon quests has been reduced as follows:
- The drop rate of Luminous Crystals has been increased.
- The number of elementally aspected luminous crystals required to exchange for Astral Nodules and Umbral Nodules has been reduced from three of each to one of each.
- The number of Crystal Sand received when exchanging items with Ulan has been increased from one to two.
- The number of Allagan tomestones of lore required in exchange for Singing Clusters has been reduced from 150 to 80.
- The number of Singing Clusters received upon completing the quest "Seeking Inspiration" has been increased from 10 to 18.
The weekly limitation on Alexandrian Gears received upon completing Alexander - The Soul of the Creator has been removed.
The number of Alexandrian Gears required in exchange for Micro Tomestones has been reduced from seven to four.
The strength of the Echo granted in Alexander (Savage) has been increased.
The Echo will take effect upon entering Alexander (Savage), increasing players' maximum HP, damage dealt, and healing magic potency by 15%.
* Unlike other instances, the strength of the Echo will not increase in the event all party members are incapacitated.
Players can now queue to enter the following trials via the Duty Finder.
- The Minstrel's Ballad: Thordan's Reign
- Containment Bay S1T7 (Extreme)
- The Minstrel's Ballad: Nidhogg's Rage
- Containment Bay P1T6 (Extreme)
Dun Scaith has been adjusted as follows:
- The weekly restrictions on rewards obtained from coffers has been removed.
- The weekly restriction on obtaining Mhachi Shillings has been removed.
Players can now exchange a Mhachi Farthing, Mhachi Penny, and Mhachi Shilling for a Deepest Gobdip by speaking with Bertana in Idyllshire (X:5.8 Y:5.2).
When registering to enter the Diadem, players who discard their mission ceruleum after being matched but prior to entering the instance will incur a penalty for abandoning the duty.
- The following issues have been addressed.
- An issue wherein enmity from the elementally amplified wind crystal, which appears in The Diadem, was not canceled under certain conditions.
- An issue wherein the effects of Dissipation would be received while a pet is still summoned when the scholar actions Dissipation and Summon were used at the same time.
- An issue wherein action status effects that cannot normally be prolonged were able to be prolonged when another action is used at the same time the astrologian action Celestial Opposition activates.
- An issue wherein the crest was not displayed properly when the item Lord Commander's Coat was equipped by a Highlander.
- An issue wherein changes to the pulldown menu of the Spoils Trader window were not reflected properly.
- An issue wherein some of the BGM that played during the main scenario quest “Mask of Grief” was incorrect.
- An issue wherein an incorrect name was displayed during the staff credits.
The Patch 3.5 series has ushered in a multitude of new adventures in the realm of Eorzea and set the stage for the release of our second expansion pack, FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood. In the hope that would-be adventurers can experience all that FFXIV has to offer, we are pleased to announce the latest Free Login Campaign! If you or any of your friends are currently taking a break from your adventures in Eorzea, you won't want to miss out on this limited-time event!
Free Login Campaign Overview
Users possessing a valid Square Enix account who meet the following conditions will be able to play FINAL FANTASY XIV free of charge during the Campaign:
- Users who have previously purchased and registered FINAL FANTASY XIV.
- All registered services accounts are set as inactive during the campaign period.
- Registered service account must have been inactive for at least thirty days.
* Details of service accounts can be confirmed via the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station.
From Friday, April 14, 2017 at 8:00 a.m. to Monday, May 8, 2017 at 7:59 a.m. (BST)
Free Login Period
Four days including the day on which users first log in. This period ends on the fourth day at 11:59 p.m. (local time)* Please note that a subscription to FFXIV is required to continue playing after the event period.
If you need to re-install the game, please download the official client software.
If you or any of your friends are currently taking a break from your adventures in Eorzea, you won't want to miss out on this limited-time event!
Notes Regarding the Free Login Campaign
- The free login period begins after logging in via the game launcher using your Square Enix user name and password.
- Including the day on which you first log in, the free login period lasts approximately four days. For example, players who log in on April 15, 2017 at 12:00 a.m. can play free of charge until April 18, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
- Players who are logged in when their free login period expires will be forcibly logged out from the game.
- Players with multiple service accounts registered to a single Square Enix account cannot participate if at least one of the accounts is currently active.
- Service accounts that have been canceled or suspended due to a violation of the service agreement cannot participate.
- Players who purchase a subscription during their free login period will forfeit the remaining duration of said period.
- Players cannot log in using a platform on which their service accounts have not been registered.
- Players can log in using all platforms on which their service account has been registered.
- When attempting to participate in the free login campaign using a Square Enix account with multiple service accounts, the free login period will be valid only for the first service account selected upon logging in. Please note that you may be unable to participate in the free login campaign with more than one service account at a time. If you cannot log in using a second service account even after meeting all other requirements, we ask that you wait for the free login period to expire on your first service account and try again.
‘Tis the season for ardor and affection! Once again Lisette de Valentione and her retinue have made the journey from far-off Ishgard to share the love with adventurers the realm over. Those in search of true love’s kiss should seek Lisette out before the season comes to a close!
Read on for details.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood pre-orders are set to begin on Tuesday, January 24, 2017! In advance of this, we'll be offering everyone a detailed look at the collector's edition, and other pre-order bonuses in this special broadcast!
We will also cover various points to keep in mind when pre-ordering, so be sure to check it out.
FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood Pre-order Announcement
Date & Time
Friday, January 20, 2017 at 12:00 (GMT)
A special winter sale is now underway on the Mog Station. Don't miss this chance to save on optional items!
- Five Phials of Fantasia
- Mount: Bennu (Account-Wide)
- Minfilia's Attire
- Y'shtola's Attire
- Thancred's Attire
- Yda's Attire
- Papalymo's Attire
- Urianger's Attire
- Ten Pots of Pure White Dye
- Ten Pots of Jet Black Dye
- Ten Pots of Metallic Sky Blue Dye
- Ten Pots of Metallic Purple Dye
- Ten Pots of Metallic Silver Dye
- Ten Pots of Metallic Gold Dye
- Ten Pots of Metallic Red Dye
- Ten Pots of Metallic Green Dye
- Ten Pots of Metallic Blue Dye
- Ten Pots of Pastel Pink Dye
- Ten Pots of Pastel Green Dye
- Ten Pots of Pastel Blue Dye
- Ten Pots of Pastel Purple Dye
- Ten Pots of Dark Green Dye
- Ten Pots of Dark Blue Dye
- Ten Pots of Dark Purple Dye
Check out the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station for more.
Gone are the dog days of summer and once more Eorzea’s spookiest spectacle, All Saints’ Wake, draws near. More frightening than the festival itself, however, is perhaps the return of the Continental Circus—up to no good and on the hunt for some new chums to join in their brand of fun.
This event will give players a chance to get their mitts on All Saints’ Wake-themed gear, furnishings and orchestrion music!
Read on for details.
New optional items have been added to the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station!
New Optional Items
- Far Eastern Garb for Men
- Lord's Togi
- Lord's Trousers
- Lord's Crackows
- Far Eastern Garb for Women
- Lady's Togi
- Lady's Loincloth
- Lady's Crackows
- Doman Barding
- Emote: Eastern Greeting
- Pot of Dark Red Dye
- Ten Pots of Dark Red Dye
- Pot of Dark Brown Dye
- Ten Pots of Dark Brown Dye
Check out the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station for more.
A new day dawns in Ishgard. The great wyrm Nidhogg is no more, and the Dragonsong War has drawn to a long-sought-after close. Though the future offers the promise of hope, it is not without peril─for when one threat is vanquished, another inevitably rises in its stead.
The Illuminati are scheming in the hinterlands, preparing to reshape history in their own twisted image. Sophia, the Goddess, threatens to break free from her fetters and restore the realm to a ruinous equilibrium. From the climbs of Xelphatol to the funereal halls of the Great Gubal Library, all manner of beast and beastman stir. Eorzea cries out for a hero, but what brave soul will dare to heed her call?
Great trials and still greater rewards await those who would stand against the coming peril. With all this and more fast approaching, we offer you a sneak peek with the Patch 3.4 — Soul Surrender trailer!
Saturday, August 27, 2016 marks the third anniversary of FINAL FANTASY XIV! To celebrate this momentous occasion, we'll be holding a special in-game event: The Rising.
Players will have the chance to receive a special minion and a number of commemorative items, so don't miss this chance to celebrate three years of adventure in Eorzea!
Read on for details.
As we celebrate the third anniversary of FINAL FANTASY XIV, we offer you a glimpse into the lives of several central characters in a continuation of the Tales of the Dragonsong War!
Today we invite you to pore over the first of four new installments: What Remains of a Knight.
Read the first story.
* Please note that Tales of the Dragonsong War contains spoilers from the main scenario up to patch 3.3.
The three city-states have come alive with an explosion of color as people in bright yukatas scuttle through the vibrant streamer-lined streets. With the Moonfire Faire off to such a smashing start, it seems little could go wrong. But beneath all the merrymaking a dread foe stirs, and the Faire chaperones are secretly on the prowl for any adventurers willing to help ensure the festivities end as well as they have begun. With a variety of rewards ranging from one-of-a-kind gear, to emotes and housing furniture, this year's Moonfire Faire promises a wacky adventure you won't want to miss!
Read on for details.
The Yo-kai Watch and FINAL FANTASY XIV collaboration event is underway! Join Jibanyan, Whisper, and the other Yo-kai as they gather in Eorzea. By befriending them, you can obtain special rewards such as collaborative weapons, minions, and even mounts! But you’d better hurry—these exclusive items are only obtainable during the event!
Read on for more details.
FINAL FANTASY XIV and GamesMaster Magazine in the UK are partnering to offer European FFXIV players an opportunity to obtain a range of in-game items! Those who purchase certain issues of the printed magazine this summer will receive bonus item codes to acquire equipment, items and even the Original Fat Chocobo mount!
We’re excited to announce that director and producer Naoki Yoshida will be attending Campus Party Mexico 2016, a five-day event held in Mexico aimed at inspiring young talent in the tech and digital entertainment community on topics of economics and innovation. He will be presenting a keynote discussing the evolution of business models in the gaming industry and how it has influenced game design. Not only that, but we’ll have some exciting XIV-related events for the partygoers at the FFXIV booth!
Saturday, July 2, 2016 at 21:00 (GMT)
*Presented in Spanish and Japanese only.
*The stream schedule will be posted on the Twitch page.